Job Location: Austin, TX
Company Name: Phoenix House
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-16
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45379
At Phoenix House, change is something we embrace every day as part of our values to deliver exceptional care. Phoenix House provides individualized, holistic drug and alcohol addiction treatment, with a legacy spanning nearly 50 years. We are passionate about healing individuals, families and communities challenged by substance use disorders and related mental health conditions. Phoenix House supports the mission through a holistic approach that focuses on the distinct mental, physical, and social needs of every person; innovation of best-in-class and evidence-based prevention, treatment, and recovery programs; and, the promotion of greater understanding of addiction. Our devoted staff are committed to treating the whole person—and come from all fields.
We operate personalized, strength-based, gender-responsive programs while living the values and being accountable for our commitments. Being introspective and becoming part of the solution is integral to every interaction and person we touch. As ‘One Phoenix House’ we believe in having fun along the way – embracing ‘progress not perfection’ as our journey continues.
(Part-Time & Per-Diem) Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Residential Counselor is responsible for all related duties. Performs primary counselor duties to clients and their families include but are not limited to psychosocial assessments; development of treatment plans; crisis intervention; group, individual, family, and didactic sessions; discharge summary and planning; coordination of treatment services with probation, school, and other referral sources. Multi-lingual counselors may be asked to conduct services in multiple languages to meet the needs of the clients and families. The Counselor determines and records a substance abuse diagnostic impression for each patient after reviewing all materials provided, conducting additional assessments, and completing patient/family interviews.
• Variable – Daytime, Evening, and Weekends
• LPC, LMSW/LCSW, or LMFT
• Master Degree in related field
• Bilingual Spanish Preferred
• Two or more years counseling experience which include providing adolescents, adult and family services, preferably in the substance abuse field.
• Ability to demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills with adolescents, team members, parents, and external constituents.
• Acute perception of people’s attitudes, characteristics, and behavior patterns.
• Strong crisis management, conflict resolution, and anger management skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office products and experience utilizing web-based programs.
• Excellent organization and time management skills.
• Must maintain a valid TX Drivers’ License, have proof of automobile insurance and maintain a safe driving record based on Phoenix House policy.
Phoenix House conducts as needed, job-related background checks, fingerprints, drug testing, physical exams, medical exams, TB testing, verification of employment history and/or reference checks prior to employment.
Phoenix House is an Equal Opportunity Employer providing equality of opportunity to all who are protected against discrimination by law, regulation or executive order, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO is the Law:Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf to learn more.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
Keywords: Counselor, Dormitory Counselor 2, Residence Counselor, Therapist, Substance Abuse Counselor