Job Location: Houston, TX
Company Name: CDM Smith
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45329
We are considering candidates for this position based at any of our domestic U.S. offices.
An exciting opportunity exists for a recognized leader to join our growing organization within the CDM Smith Industrial Group. The Sales Director is a key CDM Smith leadership position which must be filled with a highly motivated professional with proven capability to grow and lead the advancements of our client business. Working alongside CDM Smith leadership, you have the opportunity to develop your career. The successful candidate will lead, manage, and develop CDM Smith’s sales team for our industrial unit in our water, environmental and facility service and consturion business and sustain and grow revenue within our primary markets including manufacturing, food and beverage, chemicals, oil and gas, metals and mining and power helping to achieve top line growth for the industrial unit, a unit well positioned to take advantage of market growth.
In this role, you will be responsible for sales growth and will work with the team to strengthen our client relationships. Working closely with the Industrial Delivery team members, you will drive the U.S. Industrial
strategic sales strategy and formulate a clear vision and direction for the group. As Sales Leader, you will deliver $200 to $300 million in annual sales volume in both professional services and alternative delivery.
• Leading, managing, training, and developing the sales team to exceed annual services sales and profit goals
• Aligning the team to achieve future strategic growth objectives
• Effectively working with the delivery leader and with Technical Services Unit technical strategy leaders in synchronizing sales and delivery activities
• Building and sustaining high-level relationships with key clients and continuously improving client service and satisfaction
• Taking initiative to create a learning organization through use teaching, coaching, and implementation of “lessons learned” and best practices in sales
• Providing input and leadership during Industrial’s annual sales, revenue, utilization, and profitability business plan and strategy development
• Driving staff retention, hiring and growth through improved staff engagement, leadership of recruitment of new professional and strategic staff to position CDM Smith for sustained growth into the future
Industrial Sales Director
CDM Smith Employment Type
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related engineering or alternative delivery
• At least 15 years of business development and sales experience since bachelor’s Degree in the industrial market winning large scale projects
• Demonstrated successful experience developing and implementing a business plan, a strategic growth plan and industrial growth sales strategy
• Comprehensive knowledge in alternative delivery sales and delivery
• Proven experience with leading a large (>10 Sales staff) team of sales people in the industrial market for fortune 500 clients in the E&C industry
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas – Houston
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount Of Travel Required
Visa Sponsorship Available
Keywords: Regional Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Mortgage Sales Manager, Sales Manager, District Sales Manager , Tools & Equipment