Job Location: New York, NY
Company Name: Viacom
Date Posted: 2019-06-01
Valid Through: 2019-06-29
Employment Type: Full_Time
Job ID: 45368
Overview And Responsibilities
The Analyst is responsible for the accurate and timely production and distribution of recurring cross-platform performance reports for Paramount Network, Comedy Central and TV Land, as well as the competitive landscape. The Analyst will work with the team to extract and analyze data from various sources to provide actionable insights to various departments. The ideal candidate will show analytical abilities, be detail oriented and have an inquisitive nature and a love of media.
• Collect, organize, and analyze Nielsen data and other consumer tracking sources for daily/weekly reports and ad-hoc requests for Paramount Network, Comedy Central, TV Land, and competitors
• Analyze Paramount Network, Comedy Central, and TV Land original and acquired programming
• Maintain and update programming schedules in Nielsen systems
• Ad-hoc projects such as program trending, reach, time spent viewing, co-viewing, duplication, and time-shifted viewing
• Digital consumption reporting for channel originals
• Help provide insight on who the audience is, audience viewing behavior, and the evolving television and digital landscape
The Analyst will work closely with the Senior Manager to handle the above tasks, as well as ad hoc analyses for groups such as Programming, Development, Press, Finance, Distribution, and Marketing.
In addition, the Analyst will collaborate with peers within the Viacom Research group to coordinate uniformity of reporting and to produce competitive tracking reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1 year related work experience (internships okay) in television and/or media data analysis
• Strong analytic and numeric skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral
• Extremely detail oriented
• Highly organized, able to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Exhibits professional demeanor
• Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Knowledge of reporting tools (StarTrak, MyEvnts, NPower, Arianna, Adobe Omniture, comScore On Demand, Canvs, Nielsen Social, Facebook Analytics, YouTube Analytics) a plus
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status
Keywords: MARKET RESEARCH ANALYST, Managing Consultant - Senior Research Analyst - Remote Locations, Market Research Analyst, Marketing Analyst, Senior Market Research Analyst